- 28 Jul 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Axiad Cloud May 2023 Release Notes
- Updated on 28 Jul 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Last Updated: May 28, 2023
- General Availability Date: May 28, 2023
The Axiad Knowledge Center
To provide better and more comprehensive self-service for Axiad’s product offerings, we've developed a new, comprehensive Knowledge Center for our products. The first iteration of the Knowledge Center includes product documentation for Axiad Cloud, with additional products added in the coming months.
- Content published in the Knowledge Center is verified and up-to-date.
- New content will be added frequently (sometimes daily).
- In a future release, a direct link to the Axiad Knowledge Center from within the Unified Portal will be available in the Account menu.
The Unified Portal now support the following hardware devices:
- FEITIAN BioPass FIDO2 (K26, K26+, K27, K27+)
- Gemalto IDPrime MD931
- IDEMIA Cosmo v8.2
- Yubico YubiKeys that can provide the identifier of their Batch Master Key as part of their metadata (version 5.3 and above). This is useful if you order YubiKeys programmed with a custom BMK unique to each order.
Customizable Link in your Unified Portal Header Bar
You can add your own link (such as one to your organization’s customized or branded documentation) to your Unified Portal header bar via a new icon:
Send Axiad Feedback from within the Unified Portal
In our continuous efforts to improve our products, we want to hear from you. Use the new Feedback option in your Account menu, located in the top right corner of all pages in the Unified Portal, to send your thoughts and suggestions directly to us.
This opens a new Send Feedback page, where you can select a star rating and enter comments:
To improve your user experience in the Unified Portal, YubiKeys are now listed as YubiKey regardless of their firmware version. Advanced users or IT operators can access a YubiKey’s firmware version via the Details View or Reports.
One-Time Password Testing
For testing purposes, users with an Operator role can use a one-time password (OTP) for a given device without providing a PIN.
- The error message you receive when attempting to assign an already-assigned device to another user is improved for usability. It now reads, "Serial has already been assigned to another user." (PM-1978)
- On the Help Desk page, when you click the Preferences icon, your selections save as expected. (PM-1730)